Sunday, June 08, 2008

Back in the Colorado Rockies

Last year and the year before, Sheila and I came up to this idyllic spot in the Colorado Rockies for writing retreats. This year, book finished, I'm here solo, in my usual role as camp doc. I drove up from Albuquerque today, arriving about an hour before sunset. Now I'm seated in the familiar cabin, starting to shiver in the night that is expected to reach 29 degrees F by morning, listening to the roaring of the river, engorged by Spring melt. I'll have better pictures to post later this week, once I have daylight. For now, here are just a few from my drive up here.

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV