Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day is Ending... but May Your Leaping Go On & On!

Oh my heavens. What a day! I still have one important leap I've gotta fit into this dwindling evening. Besides being the day 50 Ways to Leave Your 40s leaped into the hands of the book-buying public (at least, those who paid for overnight shipping on amazon!) --- today was also the ridiculously optimistic "grand opening" date of my (Sheila's) other midlife baby: StudioFiftyForty.com.

As IF! Progress at my e-commerce website --- "the online gift shop for cool people of a certain age" --- is coming along u-l-t-r-a---s-l-o-w-l-y. But, as today's date adorns "The Studio's" welcome screen, I must LEAP over to there and post at least a little update.

I added a page for "WHO" the other day...

Wait, let me explain. Quickly! In setting up that original homepage for StudioFiftyForty --- a spotlit dancefloor, empty --- this fab idea occurred to me. Rather than title the pages like every other website out there (About Us, Contact Us, etc.), I decided to use the journalist's cribsheet: When reporting the news, a journalist is supposed to tell the "Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How" of the story. So... the other day I posted a first draft of the "WHO" page. Wanna see it?

OK, so now, being that it's the last minutes of this relatively rare date -- Feb. 29 -- let me leap off like one o' those proverbial Lords a'Leaping, and post something new about "WHEN."

Love, Laugh, LEAP!
Sheila

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV