Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cupcakes & Cupid's Arrows

Valentine's Eve is always such a tizzy. I'm just finished with baking 36 cupcakes (my daughter decorated 'em, thank god) and cutting out dozens of red paper hearts and spearing each with a freshly sharpened Valentine's pencil, like Cupid's arrow, after my son wrote them out to everyone, in silver ink. Now all these pretty little things lie packaged and waiting at the door, for the school day tomorrow, when there'll be affection in the air and a mite too many confections in the teeth and bloodstream of the student body. Ah well.

Anyway, speaking of affection, I just wanted to share the email I got from my friend Lindy today. She handles marketing at KHFM, the commercial classical-music station here in Albuquerque, and has been such a fabulous cheerleader for me and this project, I can't begin to thank her enough. Now that Lindy is lining me and Peg up for an interview on KHFM, naturally our publicist sent her a copy of 50 Ways to Leave Your 40s. So today comes this email from Lindy:

Subject: "I Got It! I Got t!"

Hi! I am so excited!! I just got the book… I was holding it in my hands until I had this uncontrollable urge to write to you to let you know…. I GOT IT!!!

I have been waving it all over the office, making people queue up for “the reading” of it! I’m first; then Bob, then Kip. I AM SO AWFULLY PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I know I have no right to be “kvelling” (…a wonderful Yiddish word that means beaming from someone else’s good fortune), but I am!

Thank you for having Kim send it to me. I have also pre-ordered two copies and plan on giving it to all of my friends and my children and their friends!!! (Do you have a bulk rate?)

When can we have lunch so you can actually SEE me beaming?

Love,
Lindy


Oh, kvell away, my dear! Kvelling is something the world can always use more of. As to bulk rates, hmmm, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for writing, Lindy, and here's some love right back at'cha! You made my day.

Sheila

P.S. Oh, and yes, let's be ladies who lunch, for sure. I'll email you...

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV