Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Gift of Love to the World

Coming soon to an internet connection near you, it's StudioFiftyForty.com, a gift shop for cool people of a certain age!!!

Tonight I finally registered the domain name, and while I was at it, I also registered such variations on the spelling as Studio50forty.com, StudioFifty40.com, and Studio5040.com. Those'll all forward to the main domain. Was disappointed to find that two variations --- Studio_50_40.com and Studio50_40.com --- were already taken, but you know what? When you type either of those URLs into a browser, nothing comes up. In other words, someone registered those domains but hasn't actually created a website yet. So I went ahead with my registration of, and webhosting agreement for, StudioFiftyForty.com.

Next, I loaded up my DreamWeaver software and read through the QuickStart. I'll be hard-pressed to do my real work tomorrow, I can tell already! (I'm supposed to be applying to be on Oprah's show --- fairly important stuff for a new author --- but I can't seem to give it my full attention. Not when there are expansive New Vistas to explore!)

My html-savvy friend Diane is gonna school me on DreamWeaver this Saturday. Not only are we going to update the official 50 Ways to Leave Your 40s website, but, by gum, I'm gonna get something up on my brand-new, 10GB piece of cyber real estate, at www.StudioFiftyForty.com. Hold me to it, would'ja? Click on over there on Sunday or so, and see if I've kept my promise to the world, or what!

Hope you had a LOVERLY Valentine's Day. Mine was positively heart-warming -- thanks for asking!

Love x3,
Sheila

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV