Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Alarmed by my alarm clock

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.

I forgot to tape that to my forehead. MAN is it hard to get out of bed this week!

Well, I'm up at dawn, so I'm here in time for the secrets. But I was supposed to be up two hours ago, "dark and early" as I like to say. I set my clock for 4:30. Yes, 4:30. Only problem is I didn't notice I was in the PM realm, not the AM realm. I woke up on my own around 6:12 and went, "awwwww!" :( Oops!

Speaking of time (aren't I always?), I've spent way too much of it by this point trying to write a blog piece about Way #18: Lay a Feast for the Muses. Once I took the process over to MSWord, so I could have the full range of word-processing tools I know and love, I let myself get mired down again. And again. Sssssiiiiiiiigghhhhhhhhh.... Don't get bogged down, get "blogged" down! Maybe if you think of it, again, as a note to me, or a series of notes to self, rather than "a piece" that will take some pressure off. Would it help if I bug you? "Where's today's blog, Sheila, where is it, huh? Come on, cough it up, girl!" Or encourage you? "You can DO it! I know you can! I have faith in you! You rock!"


No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV