Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Sing it with me: "...Don't know when I'll be back again. Oh babe, I hate to go..."

OK, I actually do know that I'll be back on the 23rd, late. And I don't really hate to go, because I'm going in order to be a caregiver for my brother, who's battling liver cancer, so there's absolutely no hate involved.

Anyway, as soon as a fellow passenger here at the "charging station" near Gate A12 told me that she was discovering free wi-fi, well, I couldn't resist doing a little blogging from Albuquerque's newly (or, perhaps, continually) renovated International Sunport. So... here it is.

OH! And none too soon. They're calling my flight. Ciao for now. I'll 'blog' ya next from the Twin Cities. One of my other brothers, the one who actually lives in that area, has tix for us for tonight's Twins-(um?)Yankees game. I think it's the Yanks; know for sure it's the Twins, of course. So, Peg! By tonight I'll be "doing research" for our Way #8: Play Ball!

Gotta go.

Enjoy the game, Sheila, and the family time. Best wishes go with you for your brother's health. I'll be doing my best to format those docs we discussed and do my marginalia assignments. Today while you were flying, I was "doing research" for our Way #(oh dear, I don't know them like you do)"Win one for the team" by running line on three consecutive soccer games. Lordy I'm whupped from trying to keep pace with 14 year olds! Will this keep me youthful when I turn 50?

Love
Peg

Dear Readers - I believe Sheila does not have internet access where she is. I'm sure she'd be blogging daily if she did. Please bear with us (all you dozens of loyal readers) while we both write outside the blog. She'll be back in a few days.
Peg 4/18/06

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV