Thursday, April 13, 2006

Authors, Incorporated

Hey! Lookie here! I'm posting this at the very minute the moon is reaching full!

Just a quick note to all who may care: Peg and I "sealed the deal" today, signing our agreement as the moon waxed to full within the Zodiac's most balanced, harmonious and cooperative sign, Libra. Woo-hoo! And on the 13th of the month, no less.

(Pop Quiz! How many full moons are there in a year?)

So! Sheila Key and Peggy Spencer are now officially book-writing partners (even if we are not, according to the strict letter of the law, incorporated). Congratulations to us!


P.S. Peg -- Diane told me how you can make your full name appear under Contributors, at the top. Let me know if you're interested.

I'm so excited I have to post in my favorite purple. Sealed deal on the full moon! It's gotta be good luck!

I'll feel 100% settled when we get the contract from NWL and make it Official, but, as we said earlier today after signing, it's our commitment to each other that's most important.

I'm honored, pleased, excited, tickled purple!

Write on!

Love,

Peg

PS Sure, put my full name at the top.

PPS I know I should be doing ALL my writing for 50 Ways, but I'm not. I've been writing on my pegspot blog (true confessions). But hey, it's all practice, right? Please do come visit.
PegSpot

Sheila here again -- you'll know it's me by the orange I wear... (now that I finally found the "compose" screen with the text-color tool so obviously available!).

Diane told me, to change your name as it appears under Contributors, you'd have to go in at your end, Peg, under Edit Profile, and change your Display Name. Diane said changes in this field will affect all the places where your name is currently auto-generated as peg. If you'd rather not be Peggy Spencer MD throughout the known blogosphere, please choose a comfortable alternative. In any case, my internal English teacher wants to insist that you at least capitalize, my dear partner!

Done! I compromised. Did the capitalization, did the full name, left off the MD. It's in my profile anyway.

You look good in orange!

peg --oops, I mean Peggy Spencer, Medical Doctor!!!

The moon may be waning now, but I'm still grinning.
I like the 'new you' under Contributors.

orangely, Sheila

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV