Wednesday, April 19, 2006

On again, off again

Hi Peg. Hi readers all. Peg is right: internet access is catch-as-catch-can here at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. Actually, all the buildings of this world-class facility have wireless networks people can use for free, but that doesn't always guarantee I can access the internet -- indeed, I'm off more than on, it seems. All the walls around here are lined with lead, so cell phones are useless, and I suspect the same culprit is what's frustrating my attempts to go online. My email isn't getting to me -- indeed, for some inexplicable reason, it's not even getting to my internet service provider, so web mail does me no good. I realize it was not that long ago we survived just fine without all these technologies, but now that I'm accustomed to having internet access on demand... well, these current difficulties are harshing my mellow.

I'll survive. And I'll be back at'cha on Monday, if not sooner.

Hi Sheila! Good to hear from you, from your lead-lined Hall of Health. Don't worry; life goes on and your bloggees are still here.

I've been doing some research for The Book and have discovered some cool things. For example, it is okay to freeze water bottles but microwaving plastic doesn't get blanket approval. You can make your own Oral Rehydration Solution at home, and I have some recipes. Human Growth Hormone is NOT the fountain of youth. It's possible to "overdose" on water.

My research location is none other than our favorite Napoli coffee shop, where I think I've just about overstayed my welcome. The mocha and scone are long gone, and I need a break before I start putting some of this acquired wisdom into my own words.

Write on!

Love,

Peg

Oh, Hey! I just saw that I am now able to do more than just comment! I knew this was coming, but forgot. (mid-life memory? whassat?) Thanks for including me. -- Di

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV