Monday, April 03, 2006

Nothing like a deadline!

Let me share the good news. I just sent this email to my husband:

Hey love, you will be so proud of me. With two days left on the manufacturer's warranty (and, no, the extended coverage I bought thru Circuit City does not *extend* to the printer), I called Canon, troubleshot the prob (to no avail), and they're sending me a new PIXMA iP1500 forthwith.

Ta-dah!
Love, Sheila

P.S. The color printer went down a couple months ago, but with the ol' laser printer nearby, push just hadn't come to shove. Hence this post's title...


THIS JUST IN, from My Man (who, for the moment at least, chooses to remain nameless):

Dang, you are good!
Thanks for being a superior human being. The whole darn planet should be proud of you! I sure am.
Great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A new printer!! Congrats, Sheila! That will inspire you to new creative heights I'm sure.

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV