Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Twins sent those Yankees packin'

Last night’s ballgame was fabulous. It was against the Yankees, after all. The Twins had been ahead 4-0 early on, then the Yanks made it 4-5, where it stood heading into the bottom of the ninth – and wouldn’t you know those Twins would go and score two on a single by Justin Murnow! (Don't know if I'm spelling that name right; except for such biggies as the Olympics, Superbowl and World Series, I don't follow sports much.) As he went to the plate, the Twins had runners on 2nd and 3rd and only two outs, so those runners were running by time Murnow’s grounder left his bat. Then it was all over for the big, bad Yankees -- and for those obnoxious Yankee fans who were sitting right across from us. Very exciting end to a very good game! And now I can say I’ve seen the exalted Yankees play live.


Only wish I hadn’t done any business with the beer vendors -- not after those two glasses of red wine I had earlier at the home my brother’s friend. Made for a yucky Easter morning. You’d think, "at my age" (a phrase always spoken in a little-old-lady voice), that I’d know better than to mix my grape ande grain. Ugh!


Sounds exciting, Sheila! Now you can check off "See the exalted Yankees play live" from your List. Keep us posted as to your exploits up there in the North country. Love, Peg

(PS I've archived all the blog entries up 'til this one into Word files on my laptop. Now I can check that off my list, at least for this week!)

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV