Monday, April 03, 2006

"¿Qué hora es?"

Well, now, here's *another* blog-worthy email from my husband:


Mom, Maya, and Sayre

On Wednesday, at two minutes and three seconds after 1:00 in the morning,
the time and date will be 01:02:03 04/05/06.

That won't ever happen again in your life time.

Do you want me to wake you up so we can have a party?

****

Funny it should be about TIME, a topic I'll get to in a minute. But first, what is UP with this double posting of mine? It happens all the frickin' time! No matter what I click on to say 'go', I almost always get that stupid "the document contains no data" prompt. All I can do is click OK, so I do -- and *sometimes* the thing I'm posting posts, and sometimes it doesn't. That is, sometimes I'm sent to the winding little "publishing" screen, and sometimes I'm not. But if I'm not, and it seems there is nothing whatsoever to do but to click on post again (or "publish," right?), then the blog shows the posting twice. I don't get it. What-oh-what is up with that?

As it stands, right now I have this "que hora es" post showing up on the blog twice, but in my *list* of posts, it only appears once. So.... I'm editing the one copy I find here, and we'll just see what happens, OK?

TIME. 01:02:03, 04-05-06 . I lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-ove number patterns, especially in dates. Would opt for the party to be in the p.m., however, not the a.m., never mind that bit about it then being 13:02:03, etc.

WANT BIG POINTSIZE HERE to announce: "¿Qué hora es?" I'll tell you what time it is! It's T-minus 7 months 27 days, and counting... 'til the 50 Ways to Leave Your 40s "complete, first-draft manuscript" blasts off outta here, into publishing-world orbit -- or some darn thing.

My point (and I do have one, thank you Ellen DeGeneres)is that there is not too terribly much time left to finish writing my book -- which is why, right here before your eyes, "my book" is morphing into "our book." Yep! 50 Ways is no longer a one-woman show.

HOLD EVERYTHING! Allow me to present an impromptu journalism lesson. This, what I'm doing now, is called "burying the lead." Let me count the paragraphs I've piled on top of TODAY'S TOP STORY: Dr. Peggy Spencer has done me the great honor of accepting my invitation to write this book together. Wow! I didn't know I had a job opening (so to speak), but suddenly there was Peg, the perfect candidate, happily blogging me back whenever I posted something new here. We decided to meet for coffee, after which a bright light came on in my head. I floated the idea to my (now our ) editor, Ms. Vanessa Brown, who wasted no time in bestowing her blessing.

So Peg and I have struck an agreement. Now we're drawing up papers and setting to work. Rather than emailing back and forth, we plan to work "right out loud" here on the blog. Hope you'll stop by often, get in on the fun.

Hey, but right now I've gotta go get the kids from school.

Ciao for now, Love!
Sheila

P.S. We sign everything LOVE around here.

No comments:

Authors Interview with Pat McMahon

PAT'S LAST WORDS... Sadly (er, cheaply), when Peg and I ordered a copy of our appearance on the show, we opted for merely our "segment" -- as opposed to the whole show, or even the first half-hour. While this saved us all of ten bucks or something, it also, tragically, left off "the money quote" --- that is, what Mr. McMahon had to say when they got back from commercial. "Don't worry," he said. "The Loofah Lady is gone!" And indeed I was, along with my trustee sidekick and coauthor, Dr. Peg ---- off to tape another interview across town. (This was in Phoenix.) Let me see if we've got that one linked here -- it's called "Your Life: A to Z" ...

Authors Interview on KCHF TV